This is really three separate jobs:
1) Renovate brickwork to front of house:
- Clean all the brickwork on the front of the house up to the roof line, and re-point where necessary. Also fix leaky gutter above front door if possible.
2) Repair exterior window sill:
- Excavate the decayed stone sill under the bedroom window to the rear of the house, and insert sloping bricks to match the other windows.
3) Remodel back yard:
- Take down the existing rear garden wall and outhouse as per the plans; remaking the roof of the remaining shed section with the existing slates, at a lower height and different angle.
- Re-use the bricks to build a lower garden wall of the same thickness, as per the plans.
- Remove the old raised bed and barbecue in the back yard and use all spoil etc. to raise the level of the main back yard section by approx. 400mm, with a step down to the garden as per the plans – supplying extra hardcore if necessary.
- Build two steps up to the kitchen door as per the plans.
- Cement render the full length of the shared back yard wall.
- Lay supplied paving over the newly raised area and all steps.
Please take a look at the drawings of the back yard at www.drapes.plus.com
Job Location: Altrincham, Cheshire