This is really three separate jobs:
1) Renovate brickwork to front of house:
- Clean all the brickwork on the front of the house up to the roof line, and re-point where necessary. Also fix leaky gutter above front door if possible.
2) Repair exterior window sill:
- Excavate the decayed stone sill under the bedroom window to the rear of the house, and insert sloping bricks to match the other windows.
3) Remodel back yard:
- Take down the existing rear garden wall and outhouse as per the plans; remaking the roof of the remaining shed section with the existing slates, at a lower height and different angle.
- Re-use the bricks to build a lower garden wall of the same thickness, as per the plans.
- Remove the old raised bed and barbecue in the back yard and use all spoil etc. to raise the level of the main back yard section by approx. 400mm, with a step down to the garden as per the plans – supplying extra hardcore if necessary.
- Build two steps up to the kitchen door as per the plans.
- Cement render the full length of the shared back yard wall.
- Lay supplied paving over the newly raised area and all steps.
Please take a look at the drawings of the back yard at www.drapes.plus.com
These guys were competitively priced, polite, conscientious and hard workers. They turned up when they said they would, and kept the place tidy during the job. The work they did was first rate and done in the time they said. Highly recommended!